An Amazing Decade! #thankyou
As we head to 2020, it is worth a look back at what NAGLREP members and partners have achieved together over the last decade! The organization has grown to 2,600+ real estate professional members with 37 local chapters raising awareness for LGBT Fair Housing with their local REALTOR® associations, and sharing business referrals.
2011: NAGLREP successfully works with the National Association of REALTORS® to amend Article 10 of the NAR Code of Ethics to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation.
2013: NAGLREP successfully works with the National Association of REALTORS® to amend Article 10 of the NAR Code of Ethics to prohibit discrimination based on on gender identity.
2014: NAGLREP held its first national Conference in Fort Lauderdale and welcomed founding partners Coldwell Banker, Bank of America, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices, Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate, Century 21, First American Title, Union Bank, PrimeLending, McCalla Raymer.
2015: Jim Obergefell, lead plaintiff of the U.S. Supreme Court case legalizing same sex marriage, delivers keynote address at NAGLREP Conference.
2017: NAGLREP holds first LGBT Housing Policy Summit at HRC in Washington, D.C. and welcomes Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus co-chair U.S. Congressman David Cicilline (D-RI). NAGLREP issues its first LGBT Real Estate Report. National Conference moves to Palm Springs featuring keynote speaker U.S. Congressman Mark Takano (D-CA).
2018: NAGLREP plays key role in raising awareness for NAR to pull funds from former U.S. Congressman Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) after he disavowed Fair Housing rights for the LGBT community. NAGLREP releases first Top LGBT+ Agent List powered by REAL Trends and sponsored by Sotheby’s International Realty. Agents topping the list include Shirley Gary, Blair Myers and Michael Zinicola’s EZ Sales Team.
2019: As the organization surpasses 2,600 members
- U.S. Senator Tim Kaine Keynotes LGBT Housing Policy Summit
- NAGLREP raises awareness for real estate coalition in support of the Equality Act and Corporate Partners Bank of America, Realogy, HSF Affiliates, Keller Williams, RE/MAX, US Bank, Wells Fargo, and National Association of REALTORS® all endorse The Equality Act.
- Judy and Dennis Shepard, founders of the Matthew Shepard Foundation, share their message of “Embracing Dignity and Diversity” at the NAGLREP Conference in Palm Springs alongside JoDee Winterhof – SVP Policy and Political Affairs, Human Rights Campaign, and Jonathan Lovitz – SVP National LGBT Chamber of Commerce.
- NAGLREP and PFLAG enter partnership for 2020-2021 to showcase the emotional and financial benefits of homeownership + raise awareness for the Equality Act.
- NAGLREP forms LGBT Mortgage Advisory Group to represent the interests of LGBT home buyers and mortgage professionals focusing on advocacy, education, and empowerment. The group is Chaired by Kimber White, President Elect of the National Association of Mortgage Brokers, and Co-Chaired by Valerie Saunders, Executive Director of the National Association of Mortgage Brokers.
Wishing you a happy holiday, and healthy and prosperous new year!
NAGLREP Board of Directors